We have put the Hok Mountain Package together based on our rather unexpected use (and pleasure) of the Hok for more mountain and downhill skiing. This peaked on a backcountry hut trip in British Columbia where a bunch of us went out the last day with Hoks and about 16 inches of new cold snow. There was a lot of shorter terrain near the lodge that we were restricted to because of time, so the Hoks made sense as the turnaround was so quick. We all used Tiaks, the single poles used by skiers in the Altai mountains and used by all skiers (yes, all) before the 20th century. The Tiaks give the rather short Hoks excellent fore/aft stability, something short skis generally lack. Turning and skiing was effortless and SO MUCH FUN…..
So here is our mountain package. It’s not exclusive to the
mountains – I use this setup for general use – but it has proven the best for aggressive skiers and learning skiers alike in a world that has some downhill mixed in or is full on downhill focused.
What the Package includes:
– The Hok ski, either 125cm or 145cm – updated to the new 2016 versions.
– Our HD 3pin binding with all screws and custom heel pieces (no drill mounting)
– A Tiak (single pole) either Medium or Large
Normal price for this combination would be $332.85 (with Tiak shipping cost), Package price is $299.00
– The option of the Scarpa T4 boot, our favorite lightweight all plastic shell and removable liner. SOLD OUT
- Look for the package with the Scott Excursion coming soon!
All prices includes shipping – we waive the normal $8 dollar oversized box charge for the Tiaks in this package.
select the “No binding/Insert only” option on the binding option and this will get you the 3 pin binding